Thursday, May 29, 2008

g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s

I arrived in LA from my 2-month vacation in the Philippines on the night of May 8. I had barely registered my jet lag, much less recovered from it, before my sister whisked me off on Saturday (May 10) to get glamor shots. It's one of those deals where if you buy $50 worth of perfume or cosmetics, you can get a free makeover and a free photo. My sister didn't want to do it alone, which is why she dragged me along.

I don't wear makeup. I had not worn makeup since my sister's wedding 17 years ago. And there we were, having our make-up done and waiting around to get our hair done and our picture taken--right in the middle of Macy's! And the whole thing took forever. My sister started her make-up session at 2:30, and we probably didn't leave until almost 7. Imagine that! Part of that time, we were roaming around Macy's looking like tarts (and my sister had raccoon eyes). But it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, so we were just laughing it off (slightly embarrassed, but laughing--after all, I didn't know anybody. lol.). Our final look was, as my sister said, like the Dreamgirls--I guess that made her Beyonce and me Jennifer Hudson.

When we got home, my sister's kids reaction was pretty much, "Aaaccckkk! You look scary!" But we had them and my brother-in-law take us out to dinner anyway.

A week later, we got our free pictures each. But, since there were four shots, my sister ended up paying for the extra ones. (But she didn't buy the whole $200 set--what in the world would we do with all of those pictures?) The pictures turned out okay. I don't think I look like me, though.

After reading this story, you'd think I'd show it to you. I could, but then I'd have to kill you...

[2/19/2009: One of the pictures--the one with both of us--is now hanging in the hallway. It's a little bit scary to see that picture every time I go out of my room.]

No comments: