On June 8, my sister and her family went to
Disney's California Adventure. They were meeting their relatives there. (It was one of the kids' birthday, so that family was spending the weekend there.) Since I hadn't been there before, I decided to go with them.

The kids were very interested in showing me some of the rides. They were especially keen on going on the
Grizzly River Run, which is sort of like a river rafting ride. Though I haven't ridden on this particular ride, I've actually ridden the version at
Disney World; it's at the Animal Kingdom theme park, and it's called
Kali River Rapids over there. It was fun. I'm just glad I didn't get soaked like I did in
Florida.

We didn't really get to ride that much. We did
Mulholland Madness and watched
Aladdin. My niece and I waited while they rode on
California Screamin'. We may have watched
It's Tough to be a Bug, but I'm not sure.
Here are a couple of shots from the park:



We also crossed over to
Disneyland and rode a couple of rides. I know we went on
Star Tours, but I can't remember if we were able to go on the other rides (many had long lines, some were closed).
That day, we ate at the
Storytellers Cafe, which is located in the
Grand Californian Hotel (see pic below), where their relatives were staying. They had a pretty good buffet. I especially found their warm bread pudding very memorable. (Yum! I want some right now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment