Their pastries looked quite good, so we all decided to get one each. My sister ordered the cappuccino cup, which is supposed to be made of chocolate cake & icing & cappuccino. But she was given something else--something with white cake and caramel drizzle (found out when we got home). She was quite disappointed to get the wrong cake.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
desserts
After eating some Chinese food on November 1, we decided to stop by the nearby bakery, Grandma's Bakery. We always eat at this Chinese restaurant and we've always seen the bakery, but we've never stopped by. I don't know what made by sister decide to stop by, but I was more than happy to oblige.
Their pastries looked quite good, so we all decided to get one each. My sister ordered the cappuccino cup, which is supposed to be made of chocolate cake & icing & cappuccino. But she was given something else--something with white cake and caramel drizzle (found out when we got home). She was quite disappointed to get the wrong cake.
My nephew got the oreo cookie mousse cake. It just tasted like it was all whipped cream. My nephew had to put it in the freezer to see if it would taste better (make it more of an ice cream cake). I think it was better frozen, but it still tasted like whipped cream.
My niece got the chocolate mousse. It was quite good. She especially liked the fact that it was made of all kinds of chocolates, even the plaid-looking wrapper.
I ordered the tiramisu. I was debating between two things (can't remember what the other one was now), and we asked the salesperson what she liked best. Since she said tiramisu, I went ahead and got that. Out of everything we got, mine was the best.
I'm not sure that we'll ever go there again, but it was fun being able to pick our own little desserts.
Their pastries looked quite good, so we all decided to get one each. My sister ordered the cappuccino cup, which is supposed to be made of chocolate cake & icing & cappuccino. But she was given something else--something with white cake and caramel drizzle (found out when we got home). She was quite disappointed to get the wrong cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment